Monday, October 13, 2014

Book Search Assignment

For my book search, I initially began by searching up "digital age" and "social media." Impressively, I was able to find books that appealed to  me with the two phrases I used. The three books I chose were, Social Media Explained by Mark W. Schaefer, Trust Me, I'm Lying by Ryan Holiday, and The Innovators by Walter Isaacson. The book with the most pages was The Innovators at 560 pages it also was the most expensive at $21.00. However, the book with the best reviews in Amazon was Social Media Explained. The book with the most  available copies across libraries according to WorldCat was Trust Me, I'm Lying. Its subject classification were marketing, public relations, social media, manipulation, and web blog. Similarily, Social Media Explained was also classified under social media and social networks. The classifications for The Innovators were computer science, internet, and computer industry. The book with the most reviews in Google Book was Trust Me, I'm Lying, at this point I was leaning more towards this book. None of the books were in the public domain. Library Thing's results for the books was quite interesting, Social Media Explained had the biggest community of readers at 1,664,912, however it had no reviews.
At this point the choice to me was pretty clear, I ended up choosing Trust Me, I'm Lying. Its abstract was really interesting and its topics discussed are appealing to me. ProQuest did not really have many reviews but it did have one that was specific, the journalist Hune- Brown, Nicholas published an entry under the Canadian Business journal. Hune- Brown is a Toronto based journalist. Lastly, I was not able to find any reviews in Project Muse.


 
Hune-Brown, Nicholas. "The Bullcrap Chronicles." Canadian Business Sep 17 2012: 73-4. ProQuest. Web. 14 Oct. 2014 .

No comments: