Sunday, October 26, 2014

Over the Weekend

After searching through white pages, american facts, and access dane, I found no information on myself. When I typed in my number on white pages, my number came up with the city I live in, but that information is already known due to my area code. I found out general information about the city I live in, but nothing specifically about me or my family. There is 28,000 people living in  my zip code with 23,000 being white and the next major ethnicity being african American Hispanic. The average age in my zip code is 37 years old. I tried looking for the median income of my zip code, but that information seemed to be classified. I then searched myself on Facebook, MySpace, and Linkedin, and once again was barely able to find any information  about myself. Apparently there are  22 pages of Matthew Reichs and after going through the first fifteen pages and not finding myself, I gave up. I didn't find anything on MySpace, but found myself on Linkedin quickly. My profile is blocked, so the only thing a stranger would be able to see is a picture of myself in a suit. I then typed my name in on google, and the only thing personally related to me that popped about was about high school basketball. After doing extensive research about myself, it seems as if I am not that popular. If a stranger were to look for me the only useful information they would find is that I played a high school basketball in Los Angeles California. They would also be able to see a picture of me in a suit, but the picture is pretty blurry and unclear. I'm a little suprised I wasn't able to find any significant information about myself, especially on Facebook. I'm also suprised I was unable to find any information about which college I attend. Ultimately, if someone was looking for me on the web, they would have a very hard time finding me.

1 comment:

Sofie said...

Hi Matt! Your search information is all really interesting. I can relate to your google search because the majority of things that showed up for me were articles about my high school soccer team. It's cool that your information seems pretty hidden from the public because these days it feels like anyone can find anything. I guess it depends if they have enough motivation and time to do it!