Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My Information Online

I have been strangeously excited for the assignment of this weekend searching my information online because from the readings of last week I learned that a stranger is able to access to information about me without my awareness. This is very uncomfortable and frightening, but at the same time also astonishing at the fact that I might have voluntarily disclosed myself to the public.
After I researched about myself on the Google given only few information such as e-mail address, phone number, and name, however unexpectedly, I could not find any information that I did not want to expose to the public, only profile I deliberately posted. So it was in the Facebook. Through looking at my account by viewing by a stranger, I could only find my picture and a college I am currently attending, information that I agreed to show to others even though they are not my acquaintances.
I have thought that the Facebook would be the easiest approach to access to information about myself (and maybe it actually is to some people), but it seems not provide any information that I could feel uncomfortable to open to the public. Also, when someone want to search about me on the Google, one only can find pictures or news about a Korean actress who has the same nicname as mine. It might sound funny, but after research the results rather let me down because I felt like the world does not know me or does not have desire to know about me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also found it pretty shocking how little information there was on the web about me! However, unlike you, this doesn't bother me at all and I actually prefer it. You have the ability to get your name out there and if that's what you want to do, you should!