Monday, October 13, 2014

Online over the Weekend

The three books I considered were 1. the App Source 2. The Death of the PC and 3. Moving Data the I Phone and the Future of Media. I'm very interested in how cellular technology has progressed over recent decades, so in Amazon I typed the rise of the I Phone in the search bar. I was given a wide variety of results and ended up choosing these three based on how catchy their title was. Moving Data the I Phone and the Future of Media costs the most at $26.55 and also has the most pages with 360. The app source had the best reviews on amazon while Moving Data had the worst reviews. After that, I looked up all three books on WorldCat and found that Moving Data the I Phone and the Future of Media was found in the most libraries at 572 while the App source was found in just one library in Singapore. Then i proceeded to look up all three books on Google Books to see which book has generated the most chatter on the web. The App Source and The Death of the PC generated little to no chatter with almost no reviews, while Moving Data generated a decent amount of chatter, but lacked any substantial academic reviews. After this, I made an account on Library thing and looked up all three books. The App Source didn't even come up on Library thing while the Death of the PC was found and read by two other members on the site. Moving Data was read by seven people on the website. After this search, I started to lean closer to the Death of the PC as I used to have a PC and it was cool to see what the two other members posted about their recent experiences with a PC computer. I then looked up all three books on ProQuest and Project Muse and found no reviews on any of the three books. I simply found pictures of their table of contents and things of that nature. I found this very interesting as I found all types of non-academic reviews on the internet but was unable to find anything on Scholarly websites. After all the research I have done, I have decided to choose the Death of the PC by Max Baxter-Reynolds. Below is a picture of the book cover provided by Amazon:


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you made the right choice. I am also interested in the evolution of the PC. I learned how to assemble/fix PC's growing up so this is very appealing. Best of luck!