Sunday, October 26, 2014

Weekend Assignment- self search

I began my search by visiting the white pages and searching up my phone number. The information I found was somewhat wrong, it registered my number in Montebello,CA but I live in Los Angeles. The information I found on Fact Finder seemed accurate it showed the median percentage of high school graduates or higher, the median income in LA, and the population in 2010. Next, the information i found on http://projects.nytimes.com/census/2010/ shocked me, I decided to do more of a concrete search since LA in itself is huge; I focused my search on South Central LA. The median income was higher than I expected, however the information relating to education was somewhat shocking only 58% of the population had high school degrees and only 5% of the population had bachelors degrees. As I expected the population statistics were mainly higher for Hispanic and African Americans with 0% population of Whites.
Facebook had my profile set on private but you could still see my interests and likes along with my profile picture. Twitter displayed my profile as private as well and only provided my picture and location. After googling myself in different ways I was only able to a link to my Twitter account.
After looking at the information the web has available of me, I feel that someone else would have a hard time finding information about me that actually said something. They would mainly find statistical information about me that might not tell much. In general I feel that the information available of me only provides a very small amount of my existence. I like that not much information about me is out there (or so I think).

No comments: