Friday, September 5, 2014

Intro: Anjali Patel

Hi! My name is Anjali Patel. I am a sophomore, and I plan on majoring in Economics and Finance, Investment and Banking. I am from a suburb outside of Chicago called Northbrook. Outside of class I am involved Women in Business, Hoofer’s Sailing Club, I am the treasurer of the Indian Student Association, and I am the Community Service Chair for DECA.
This summer I was an intern at the Northbrook Police Department and I took some summer classes at my community college. The highlight of my summer was going to Lollapalooza and getting to see Skrillex, Eminem, Lorde, and many other great artists perform. I am very passionate about music so I love going to concerts and music festivals.

My favorite Madison hang out spot is the terrace. I recently started learning how to windsurf through Hoofer’s so I’ve been spending a lot of time on the terrace.  Here is a picture of me struggling during windsurfing.

I am very excited for this class. It sounds interesting and it fulfills my Com B requirement. Through this class I hope to become a more effective and concise communicator. This kind of communication will be essential in my future career. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great intro post, how was seeing Eminem perform? I wish I could see him perform!

Tina I. said...

So jealous you got to go to Lollapalooza, I've always wanted to but just never have yet! Great to know you're a music festival junkie too!