Friday, September 5, 2014

Introduction: Tara Lynn Duffin


            Hey guys, I’m Tara. I’m a senior here at this fine university, graduating early this upcoming December. I’m majoring in International Studies with certificates in German and Criminal Justice. My goal, career-wise, is to go into International Social Work and work for an International Organization of some sort to help people all over the world who have experienced trauma. I’m currently very interested in trying to move to Chicago to start embarking on my career goals, but I’m also looking into applying for the Peace Corps. Outside of school, I work at Lucky’s Bar and Grille most nights of the week…come in and say hi during game days!  I also work at Urban Outfitters on State.
            Other than school and work, you can either find me out and about downtown (often at Lucky’s) with friends or back home on my parent’s dairy farm in Brooklyn, Wisconsin (about 30 minutes south of here). Back home I spend my time with my parents, two brothers, my two to-die-for nephews, and my chocolate lab, Mahni. Other things I enjoy include traveling, reading, cooking, Netflix-binging, shopping, and soccer. I also volunteer at the Salvation Army and the non-profit organization Mentoring Positives on the East Side of Madison with at-risk youth to help mentor them towards success.
            As for writing, I like to do it, but I know I’m not the most talented. I tend to over-word what I’m trying to say so I’m hoping this class will help me figure out how to simplify my thoughts.
            Here’s a picture of me and some of my friends pre-gaming at our hostel in Barcelona, Spain this past summer. It was a blast!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post Tara! I'm from Chicago so if you ever want to learn more about it and living there later in life I would love to talk your ear off about it! Also your time in Barcelona looks awesome! Hope I can hear a few stories because I plan on going abroad next semester and would love advice! See ya in discussion!