Monday, September 29, 2014

Over the Weekend Assignment- Matthew Reich

https://archive.org/details/laptops_2

Ever since I've gotten my first laptop computer I've been addicted to it.  I was always so interested in how it worked and how it transmitted information so successfully. I used my laptop for every single aspect of my life. This video explains how useful laptops are and how they have truly changed our everyday life. This video that was made in 1989 states how laptops can be used for multiple purposes; whether its reading the daily news, connecting with friends or family, or for educational purposes. I completely agree with everything said in the video about laptops. Laptop computers have truly changed society with unlimited benefits. However, I personally wish i was less addicted to my laptop computer. I use it every second of every day as my main outlet as an information technology. One would ask whats the issue with that? The problem is, I  never read anymore. Since I've gotten a laptop I rarely ever read the newspaper, magazines, or a new book. I am educated by my computer everyday, but I miss my reliance on print culture. Every friday night growing up I would read a new book. Now, its more like two hours on Facebook and a cool yahoo article here and there. The laptop has a long list of benefits for society and it has changed the way we communicate and receive information, but I personally wish I was less obsessed with my computer. If i returned to only reading books and magazines I would be way less distracted and I would definitely be a little more literate. Although I have my own issues with the laptop computer, it is still one of the most effective information technologies we have today.

No comments: