Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Introduction- Michelle McGuire

Hey everyone!
My name is Michelle McGuire.  I'm a sophomore from Palatine, Illinois.  I'm planning on majoring in Communicative Science and Disorders and working toward a career as a speech therapist, but I’m still trying to keep my options open.  Outside of class, I like to spend my free time reading, running outside, or most likely watching Netflix on my roommate's account.  In high school I spent a lot of time with different service organizations, so I'm excited to start volunteering at a nearby hospital this semester.  I am also involved in my sorority and with the Amnesty club on campus.  
I first decided to take this class to fulfill my Comm-B requirement, but I think it will be a great class to help me learn how to speak and write with different types of technology.  I am not very good at giving speeches, so I hope my speaking skills will improve with this class as well. 

I spent most of my summer working at a restaurant and babysitting, so I’m very excited to be back.  My favorite hang out place in Madison is probably the terrace or anywhere where there’s good food.  Below is a picture of me and my friend on a football game day. I look forward to a great semester!

No comments: