Monday, September 8, 2014

Introduction: Allison Slakter

Hi everyone! My name is Allison Slakter and I am a junior majoring in Communication Arts on the rhetoric side, with a certificate in digital studies. I am from a small town in Northern New Jersey called Upper Saddle River, only a half hour outside of New York City. No one has every really heard of my hometown, but I love it that way. People often ask why I came all the way to Wisconsin to go to school, but it's really because I just wanted something different than what I am used to and I fell in love with Madison the first time I visited. When I'm not in class, I love hanging out at the terrace or you can probably find me at The Chocolate Shoppe getting an ice cream cone which is one of my favorite foods. I am also in a sorority, which I dedicate a lot of my free time to and I absolutely love it.

Although I am a Communications major, I am not a huge fan of writing. I wouldn't say I hate it, but it definitely is not my favorite. I hope from this class I am able to appreciate and enjoy writing a little more than I do now, which is why I am really looking forward to getting started in this class!

Below is a picture of me and my sister seeing a broadway show in NYC



No comments: