Monday, November 17, 2014

ARIS assignment

Over the weekend and today,  I browsed the ARIS website and downloaded their application through my iPad. While looking at their site, the idea of ARIS struck me as something that is new, innovative, and entertaining. The community online also seemed very interesting, the site lets others use their codes and what not to develop their own games at no extra charge. I can honestly say that I was actually excited about downloading the game but to my surprise, my experience with the actual application did not meet my expectations. First off, as I began to navigate the app I noticed that the app was not visually adjusted to my iPad. It was weird looking at the content through a big pix-elated screen. Also, I had a hard time understanding how to play the actual games. I understood that I needed to walk around and use my GPS in order to complete the game but the app did not register where I was most of the time. I was able to complete half the game called "Library Tour" before I decided I'd had enough of this app.
Overall, I feel like the idea behind this app is  really interesting but the developers need to improve on the technical aspects of the app in order to actually become popular and successful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I agree that this "augmented reality game" has a hard time actually improving reality seeing as its ICT interface needs to be drastically improved to attract users.