Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving assignment

After a very filling dinner, my family settled down watching the football game and discussing varying topics. While debating on whether or not getting a new computer is beneficial and the consequences of having to relocate all of your information, the evolution of computers came up. My grandpa (the one thinking of getting a new computer) was astonished at all the new features out there. He described when his company first acquired a computer many decades ago and how it actually didn't improve the work at the time. The computer in his office was said to be "large, intimidating and not user friendly." My grandpa didn't have much interaction with the computer unless he absolutely needed it. However, he was grateful to hear how laptops and desktop computers today are much more user compatible. He wanted an easy transition between computers and was very nervous of losing all his former information because of his early experience with such technology.
I found this very interesting. As I grew up in a time where technology was never daunting but inspiring and helpful for me. Assisting my grandpa in choosing a good computer for his needs, it was interesting to hear about his first hand experience with one of the first computers.

No comments: