Friday, November 28, 2014

Blog Assignment Over The Semester


For this weekend’s assignment, I went through my past blog posts to see what my “online voice” consisted of. The main thing I noticed was my rhetoric. For the majority of my assignments I wrote like I would in any other format, formally. However, as the posts progressed, I think my content and language decreased because I got more familiar with the assignment and how to write it. For all my posts, I would write them first in a word document to detect any glaring syntax, spelling or grammatical mistakes. The word document also allowed me to check how many words I included in my posts to meet all the requirements the assignment called for. However, because I was able to express my thoughts in a more free and informal matter, the content featured in my posts were less concrete and structured. These can also be attributed to the way the blog posts were constructed by Professor Downey, they often possessed several ideas; some were connected, while others were not. The blog posts allowed me to voice my opinion in a way that mimics how a conversation would play out in our discussion classes. My true writing ability was not found in these but the more formal assignments like the argumentative papers. Overall, I think the blog posts show how I would typically respond and converse in a discussion setting, the only difference is that in a physical face-to-face setting my ideas would be more jumbled as I don’t have the luxury of a backspace button to revise my ideas.

No comments: