Monday, November 3, 2014

Disconnecting

This weekend was definitely a problem with this disconnecting assignment. In addition to sharing Halloween costumes with friends from different states and hearing about their plans for the weekend, I was traveling home. Taking the bus and getting picked up is very difficult to coordinate without contacting my ride. Not to mention, my ticket was on my email on my phone.
Funny thing was, as soon as my bus got in to my destination, I called my ride (my dad). Who I guess had his own disconnecting assignment and left his phone at home. I then had to wait and hope he showed up, which wasn't too fun because it was snowing and quite cold to impatiently wait in. This frustrated me. Not having him to connect to really helped me realize how much technology helped.
For the rest of the weekend I tried my best to not check social media or text friends, however, it was extremely difficult to resist seeing everyones Halloween activities.
Overall, this assignment made me realize how truly I do use my technology. However, I think that we could've realized this by not having to give up all technology. It made me more frustrated than anything. I am very happy I live in a time that I don't have to go without technology and have the ability to connect with whoever, whenever.

No comments: