Sunday, November 9, 2014

Manpower



My search of manpower resulted in some interesting results. I was able to find about 15 jobs in Madison and a majority of them were contract based. However, none of the jobs I found were applicable to my interest in a job in financial services field. The jobs in the Madison required some technical skills but there were not many specifics provided. Next, I conducted a search for my hometown of Northbrook, Illinois. I got over 10 pages of results with this search and most of these jobs were also contract based. Many of these jobs required a college degree and high computer skills. However, these jobs also were not for financial services so they did not really appeal to me. Some of the jobs were for business functions such as administration and supply chain management. In the future I would like to live in Chicago. Searching for Chicago also resulted in a lot of job results. The job options in Northbrook and Chicago appealed to me a lot more than those in Madison. However, none of these jobs seemed good for me and I would probably turn to manpower as a last resort. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's interesting how in a college town like Madison, the jobs would not require many specific skills. The jobs could be incredibly specific because of the many applicants coming out of college and going into the workforce, but instead they aren't. Also, because you're in a suburb of Chicago, more of the jobs are business based because then you can go into Chicago and work there.

Tina I. said...

I agree that I didn't find many jobs that I was interested in or would be applicable with what I am studying. I too would turn to Manpower as a last resort search tool.