Sunday, November 9, 2014

Manpower - Over the Weekend

I found searching the Manpower website to be really interesting.  I first began with looking at the job listings in my hometown, Menomonee Falls, WI.  I found 6 job listing in my hometown, which is a little bit more than I was expecting.  Of the 6 listings, 3 were contract, 2 were temporary and there was one permanent.  Most of the jobs were either warehouse workers, healthcare workers, or administrative assistants.  There was a average amount of technology knowledge needed for the jobs, and none of them were really anything I was interested in.  Next, I looked at listings in Madison.  Madison had a expected 13 jobs, with most of them being contract work.  The jobs were mainly general labor work or customer service reps.  A general knowledge of technology would be needed for these jobs, perhaps more depending on the customer service rep position.  None of these jobs were of much interest to me.  Lastly, I looked at job listings in Seattle, WA.  I was surprised that there were only 11 listings, I was expecting Seattle to have more job listings than Madison.  Of the 11 jobs there was a pretty even split between contract and permanent jobs, which was different from what I have seen.  The Seattle jobs were a lot of IT business type positions, that would require a a much larger knowledge of technology then the jobs from Menomonee Falls and Madison.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is pretty interesting that only 11 positions were available for viewing in the Seattle area. It's funny how the different kinds of jobs demanded in different areas can be so completely different even when the cities are pretty similar in politics and such.