Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Over the weekend -Manpower

I was very surprised while searching for jobs through manpower. I found it be extremely surprising the difference in job opportunities even when searching Madison compared to Chicago. While the job offerings from Chicago were very diverse, from graphics designers to administrative assistants to data analysis's, which is what i was expecting Madison to be like. Many of the jobs in Madison seam to consist of some type of physical labor, warehouse work, truck drivers, even a job title as just "General Labor". I was surprised, that although i expected the quantity of opportunities in Chicago to be greater, but similar types, not only was the quantity different but it made me realize how different industries the cities are. I did see few temporary jobs, generally most of them were contract based. My choice city was San Francisco California. I was extremely surprised and a bit disappointed to see there were only a few jobs available, half for light industrial work, and the others being administrative jobs and a cook. It really made me think about the type of job that would feel necessary to use a website such as Manpower, for example, the field i hope to go into one day is the medical field, but a medical profession wouldn't be advertised on a job search site. It really made me think about the difference in jobs available on the market, and the jobs advertised for positions.

No comments: