Sunday, November 9, 2014

Manpower- Over the Weekend

1. Madison- There were a few Representative or Assembly positions available. I would assume you would have to be pretty good with internet, Microsoft office and also phone communication. I would also say theyre were a few more temporary jobs than the permanent contract ones. A lot of the jobs had an hourly pay rate. One job I found interesting was the Truck Driver job. I would never myself want to be a truck driver, but I have always heard that they make decent money. So this is the job I investigated the furthest. 2. Westport Area- There were only 3 jobs listed in the county I lived in. They were two electricians and a Salon Assistant. The two electricians were permanent and the Saloon assistant was temporary. For the Electricians you would need to be very good with machines, computers and have an exceptional understanding of electrical fixtures. The Salon assistant seemed to be doing the “Intern” like work with keeping the place clean and interacting with customers. I would definetly prefer to do one of the two electrician jobs. 3. One place I have thought about living in the past is Springfield, MA. I searched the area on manpower and found 4 jobs. Two of them were “Employee Schedule Coordinator” and the other two were administrative assistant and supervisor. The Assitant and supervisor seem to work together with the assistant getting data, documents, phone calls, making calenders etc type of work. Then the supervisor takes this information and dealing with the operations of the company. For these two jobs I would imagine you would have to good Microsoft office skills, internet and basic technological communication skills. For the two Schedule coordinators I would imagine the required skillset would be really similar to the jobs as the Administrative Assistant. I would probably like to do the Administrative Supervisor because I am more interested in operations of companies rather than the behind the scenes logistical tasks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also noticed that a lot of the jobs were temporary and had an hourly wage rate. However, my search results came up with a lot more jobs. It is interesting that you came up with so few results.