Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Manpower Assignment

For this assignment I found it interesting to look for job opportunities through this website. At first glance, the web page seemed simple and boring, but in actuality the site has a lot of functions that can help a potential user find a job.
The first city I looked for was Madison, WI. In total, I got 15 job opportunities, 12 of the job posts were contracts, 2 were permanent positions, and 1 of them was a temporary position. All of the jobs with contracts were in the Manufacturing and Production industry, they did not require much skill in their descriptions and the wage went by the hour. The 2 permanent positions required a BA/BS degree and were in the fields of accounting and customer services.
Next, I looked for job opportunities in my hometown Los Angeles, CA. In total I got 33 job posts of which 14 were permanent positions mainly in the Human Resources industry. There were only 2 temporary employment job postings, interestingly enough these positions seemed to require the most skill since they deal with the Aerospace industry.
Lastly, I looked into a city I might potentially want to live in at some point in my life. I chose Seattle, WA and received 22 job listings. 6 of the 22 job postings were permanent positions in the fields of IT, Human Resources, and financial services. The rest of the jobs were contract based, they ranged from supply chain and logistics to customer services.
After searching up the different cities and looking at the data they presented, the opportunities in Seattle, WA seem the best because their permanent positions were different and their other positions ranged from low skill to high skills necessary to work.

No comments: