Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving Post Anjali Patel

Over Thanksgiving, I talked to my dad about what the most important technology for his job is. He told me that his iPhone is hands down the most important technology for running his business. My parents own a wholesale business and frequently are taking orders from customers during and after business hours. My dad explained to me that his iPhone allows him to take orders on the phone, take orders through email, and take orders quickly by text. He deals with customers who are extremely tech savvy as well as customers who rely on traditional technologies, such as the phone, in order to do business. With his iPhone my dad can cater to all these needs quickly and efficiently.  At first, my dad struggled with texting but with more use he has definitely gotten a lot better at it. No longer are typos an issue for him. However, speed is something he still needs to work on.  I found it interesting that my dad actually uses texting to run a business unlike myself who mostly only uses texting to have conversations with friends. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can understand why your dad's iPhone is the most important technology he uses for his business. I would have guessed the computer would have been the most important tool for his business, but it makes sense that the iPhone is because it is just a small portable computer that he can carry around in his pocket. No matter what becomes the new most important tool in a business, I feel it will always involve a computer in some sort of way.

Sofie said...

I found your post interesting because it's really similar to my dad's situation! He also relays on his iPhone for emails because he owns his own business, so on and off the clock he has to be attending to his employees and customers.

Unknown said...

My dad is the exact same way. He uses his iphone for nearly everything and doesn't know what he would do without it. It was interesting to see how much he adores the technology and how he sees no potential harms of the device. I feel that our generation is almost more cautious than the older ones because we are cautioned of how additive they can become.