Sunday, November 30, 2014

Past Blog Posts


After going through my previous blog posts, I noticed that I wrote in a fashion similar to how I would speak out loud. I think this is because we had a lot of freedom with our bog posts, and there was no specific structure we were told to follow. This allowed me to write freely and openly and my posts therefore reflect my voice most accurately. I feel that other assignments, such as speeches and formal papers, were more formal. This is because I would go back and edit my original thoughts, and they would not sound like me in the end. For example, after taking into account my peer comments for our formal papers, my voice would be altered because it included the voice of others. However, I felt that my blog posts were consistent throughout the semester because I did not slack off as time went on. Overall, I think that my blog posts are most congruent with my actual voice and the language I use daily. This is because when I post them, they are free of revision and influence of others. I also noticed that I felt more comfortable in my posts as time went on. For example, my introductory post seemed forced and scripted. This is because I did not know anyone in our class at the time, so I simply answered the questions I needed to. I did not include my personal humor or voice and I could tell it came out more as the semester went on.

No comments: