Monday, November 17, 2014

ARIS Assignment

Over the weekend, I downloaded the ARIS app and began playing the local games.  One of the games that showed up for me to play was called Dow Day.  In the game, I was a reporter who needed to gain knowledge of events taking place in the city.  I was suppose to gain information on the Dow recruiters who came to campus and the angry protesters to Dow.  Dow was the company to make napalm for the Vietnam War and many Madison citizens were upset that they came to recruit employees here on campus.  Throughout the game, I had to talk with several different people to gain the knowledge I needed for my story.
Overall, the game wasn't very fun, but it did give me a little historical insight to something I hadn't known before playing the game.  Also, the application needs a new look because it seems to be lacking an appealing platform to play on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree that the app needs a more appealing platform. I found it hard to use at first and it did not really draw me in at all. The one benefit I found, to playing this game, was the historical knowledge of Madison I was able to gain.