Monday, November 10, 2014

Online Over the Weekend

This assignment is very relevant for our age group. Personally, I already started looking for internships over the summer since it is so competitive. At the start of my search I saw that a lot of the jobs were in the manufacturing and production sector of work. I first looked up jobs in Madison and saw that most of them were temporary or contract jobs. There were very little permanent jobs being offered. Next I searched New York, because it is the closest big city to my hometown. There were many jobs being offered in the city, including many for logistics distribution and supply chain and listings under “administrative assistant”. There were also a lot of jobs under finance, accounting and sales positions. The list city I searched was Los Angeles because that is where I want to live after college. The job listings were very similar to those of New York, but there were just fewer listings. Most were entire level or did not require college educations. This assignment made me realize how competitive the job market is and how the city you’re in can effect what type of job you receive. 

1 comment:

matthew reich said...

I agree with you shayna! Finding jobs these days is very competitive and a website like this can prove to be increasingly useful to a wide variety of people!