Monday, November 17, 2014

ARIS

My experience with the augmented reality game, ARIS, was not exceptional. When compared to role playing games that don't require physical movement to complete quests, yet still provides the freedom to choose from hundreds of possibilities, I find ARIS to be much less functional for a few reasons. First, ARIS requires much more time dedicated to complete a quest. Over an hour was not uncommon for the games I saw. Second, its winter in Madison, WI. Nobody wants to walk around campus for an hour and a half straight. Our assignment is equivalent to being diagnosed with strep throat. With that being said, I decided to do the Library tour because I am sitting in a library. Quit the game after it asked me to "travel far across campus to visit the library among the hospitals."

No comments: